Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chapter nineteen

September 28, 2010

Settling into life.

I thought I’d have more to say about that but apparently eloquence in the written form is not my friend today. So I’ll leave it at that. I’m settling into the daily grind: preparing for my various teaching gigs while not spending money despite the fact that I’ve been teaching for three solid weeks (I only get paid once a month and this month has not yet ended), finding the balance between spending time with my boyfriend, friends, and myself (girl needs her alone-time), and basically trying to figure out life.

Yeah…figuring it all out and finding peace with everything; I think I’m nearly there. If only the sun would shine…and feel like early Fall…instead of mid-Fall…psh details.

My boyfriend and are have been looking – or rather, smelling – different perfumes and colognes this past week. We’re both out of the scents we regularly wear and are looking for new scents. If you know me you’ll know I’m not into tres-girlie things and it’s been hard for me to find a scent that I like. I don’t like very pungent smells like vanilla or rose but I do want something that will linger. One of the mists I currently use is Victoria’s Secret “Heavenly.” I like it but it might be a little too…sweet smelling. If you have any suggestions on eaus to try or comments on what you wear and why you like it, leave a comment and let me know. Oh, and his scent? We both like Banana Republic’s “Slate” and Diesel’s “Fuel for Life.” Gesta’s birthday is coming up in October and I have to make a decision.

In the beginning of October I will finally have regularly scheduled rehearsals to go to. A few others – though I know not whom – and I will perform in Threads Dance Project’s debut show April 1-2. It’s a new contemporary dance company and I’m quite looking forward to getting my dance on again. Teaching is one thing but it doesn’t compare to dancing with a company and preparing for a show. Ah…it’s my fuel.

Guess that’s it for now. Remember to check out my website at Laurenbakerarts.com. And if you or your friends need headshots or your senior portraits taken, send me an e-mail or leave a comment here. We will work out an affordable rate for you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment