Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chapter five

August 30, 2009

Latest job news: I quit and am looking for something else. It’s hard but that wasn’t unexpected. It’s just annoying. I have an interview tomorrow at a restaurant called Leona’s but when I called to set it up, the manager seemed to have forgotten that he called me Friday. So I’m not banking on this one which kind of sucks because it’s pretty close to my apartment.

I’ve been off this whole week from dance and have been LAZY! I didn’t take class anywhere else – which I probably should have just to experience other places – because I really just wanted to give my body time to recover from the shock of dancing every day. By the end of last week my knees were really hurting and I thought it best to not push it since I have a good 7 months left of my internship (and a whole career ahead of me).

Our schedule is a little weird right now. We had last week off, are back this week Monday-Friday (I’ll be dancing this week in class and rehearsal, that’s right!!), and then we’ll be off again for another week. I decided to take this upcoming opportunity to come home and spend some time with friends and family. If you want to hang out give me a call! State Fair; Girl’s Night; ADT at the Southern; anything else? With school starting up next week I’m hoping that there will be a couple house parties, too.

I guess that’s about it for updates. Things will hopefully get more interesting once dance starts up again and I’m actually in rehearsals/doing work for TDC (Thodos Dance Chicago, for you novices haha). Erinn will be moving in after Labor Day so hopefully that means life will become a bit livelier.

Oh! I made my first meatloaf today and it didn’t suck! I’m so proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment