Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chapter four

August 23, 2009

I hate my job. Well, I guess most people do...however I really, really don’t want to go back tomorrow. It is not fulfilling in any way, shape, or form. All I do for 4 hours is call past patrons “hoping” they answer the phone and let me finish my sales pitch. Sure, it’s for a cause I believe in (getting people to attend dance and music) it’s just not stimulating. I do not like sales. If I did I would have gone to business school or something. I want to help make decisions, or write, or assist in something...rather than sit on my ass asking people for money for $8 an hour.

I’m also finding that I just don’t want to work. I now understand the appeal of marrying rich and being a housewife. Don’t misunderstand; I want to make a career for myself. I just…don’t want to do something I find boring…and it just so happens that I find most things in Corporate America boring. Ok, so I’m having post-college, post-move crisis; don’t judge.

With the school season a week or two away I’m feeling very strange. Like I’m missing out on something. I’m not adjusting well. I’m not adjusting to living in a new city or living in a place without many friends. I want to come back home where I don’t feel like a social outcast and where I feel I belonged in all aspects of life. I’m not good at starting over; that has become very clear this month. And I’m very susceptible to self-pitying…and laziness haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment